From Eric Abrahamsen <e...@ericabrahamsen.net>
Subject Re: training the filter
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2016 17:26:29 GMT
"Daniel Ullfig" <dan.u@grmcompany.com> writes:

> Hello:
>
> I’ve installed spamassassin to work with hMailServer on a windows
> server. would like advice on training the filter, as I get a lot of
> false positives. Would like to be able to forward ham to something
> like “ham@mydomain.com”, and false negatives to “spam@mydomain.com”.
> Can this be done?
>
> Dan

What a lot of people (including myself) do is have two IMAP folders
learn/spam and learn/ham. When a message is incorrectly classified you
put it in the right folder, then run sa-learn on a cron job, looking in
the appropriate folder, then afterwards move the message to Junk or
INBOX, depending.

Eric