From mro...@insiberia.net
Subject Re: OT: DCC installation
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 20:54:27 GMT
On 2016-10-25 05:59, RW wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 06:25:18 +0000
> mrobti@insiberia.net wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Is there any up-to-date howto available for DCC installation for use
>> with SpamAssassin?
>
> Nothing will have changed.

If nothing else has changed, many systems are now using systemd.  And
maybe the howtos and mailing list posts were not very detailed in the
first place, but I find there are plenty of unanswered questions, such
as:

* Do MX servers and submission clients need to be listed in whiteclnt
when DCC is used in SpamAssassin or is that unnecessary?

* Should other things be listed in whiteclnt? What about the "empty"
messages generated by the cron mentioned below?

* I've never seen a DCC howto that sets up the recommended cron job that
calls /var/dcc/libexec/cron-dccd so is it for some reason redundant? Or
is everyone's DCC logs and DCC databases continually building up, never
being cleaned? And how about the cron that grabs standard "empty"
messages to whitelist: /var/dcc/libexec/fetch-testmsg-whitelist -- the
suggested cron for both these is here:
https://www.dcc-servers.net/dcc/dcc-tree/misc/crontab

* What changes, if any to /var/dcc/dcc_conf such as DCCIFD_REJECT_AT? Or
the DCCIFD_ARGS themselves?

* Need a Systemd unit file. After much playing around, here are two
guesses. The first one is a way to call the included startup scripts so
all settings and arguments are dynamically determined from the
configuration files as intended by DCC, but you don't get the benefit
from systemd monitoring and auto-restarting:

=======================================
[Unit]
Description=Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse (DCC)
After=network.target network-online.target local-fs.target syslog.target
nss-lookup.target
Before=spamassassin.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
RemainAfterExit=yes
PIDFile=/var/run/dcc/dccifd.pid
ExecStart=/var/dcc/libexec/start-dccifd
ExecReload=/var/dcc/libexec/start-dccifd
ExecStop=/var/dcc/libexec/rcDCC stop
PrivateTmp=true

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
=======================================

This one gives the benefit of sytemd monitoring and auto-restart, but
the startup command is hard-coded. I determined it by echoing the
startup command (instead of executing it) when running start-dccifd by
hand. It is crucial NOT to have a PIDFile argument in this file or
things will break.

=======================================
[Unit]
Description=Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse (DCC)
After=network.target network-online.target local-fs.target syslog.target
nss-lookup.target
Before=spamassassin.service

[Service]
Type=forking
# Must NOT specify the PID file - it breaks startup/monitoring
# PIDFile=/var/run/dcc/dccifd.pid
ExecStart=/var/dcc/libexec/dccifd -tREP,20 -tCMN,5,   -llog -wwhiteclnt
-Uuserdirs -SHELO -Smail_host -SSender -SList-ID
ExecReload=/var/dcc/libexec/dccifd -tREP,20 -tCMN,5,   -llog -wwhiteclnt
-Uuserdirs -SHELO -Smail_host -SSender -SList-ID
# These both work but are not necessary
# ExecStop=/bin/kill -s QUIT $MAINPID
# ExecStop=/var/dcc/libexec/rcDCC stop
PrivateTmp=true