From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: Spam by IP-address? Spamassassin with geoiplookup?
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2016 18:30:13 GMT
On Fri, 23 Sep 2016, lists@rhsoft.net wrote:

> Am 23.09.2016 um 05:24 schrieb John Hardin:

>> >  I found an instruction here for a debian system
>> >
>> >  https://manageacloud.com/configuration/local_dns_caching
>> >
>> >  Seems to work local dns caching but I dont understand why I shouldnt
>> >  use it for inbound mailserver and why I still see URIBL_BLOCKED=0.001
>>
>>  Lists shouldn't have said "caching", that confuses the issue. Caching
>>  and recursion are two different, unrelated pieces.
>
> seriously?

Yes. I have found that when providing advice, if you provide extraneous
details quite often people will focus on them rather than the important
points.

> "with *no forwarding*" is not clear enough that one comes two days later with
> a dnsmasq setup using opendns as forwarders where in fact i said explicit

If they focused on "use a local caching resolver", sure. Obviously.

>>  As far as I understand it, dnsmasq cannot be used for local recursion
>
> yes, and hence in my orginial mail you are party quting i statet don't use
> that crap, see above

It may need to be restated in a different way to actually be understood.

   One death is a tragedy; thirty is a media sensation;
   a million is a statistic.              -- Joseph Stalin, modernized
  276 days since the first successful real return to launch site (SpaceX)