From Maik Linnemann <maik.linnem...@provit.info>
Subject AW: AW: X-Spam Tagging - Spam Status YESNO Flags - Sometimes not appended...
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2016 10:34:32 GMT
Thanks! I checked that and it gave me a direction. Log says that messages skipped because of
size limit which i haven't set and is  still default (512000 bytes). On the other site I checked
the messages that are not tagged and not all of them are bigger than 512kb. Anyway most of
them are!

I tried to set the -s option in /etc/default/spamassassin on debian to 1024000 for a test,
with no effect.

Log still says its skipping due to the limit of 512000.

Does anyone have a clue what needs to be done in debian?!

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: David B Funk [mailto:dbfunk@engineering.uiowa.edu]
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. September 2016 18:18
An: Maik Linnemann <maik.linnemann@provit.info>
Cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: X-Spam Tagging - Spam Status YESNO Flags - Sometimes not appended...

What do you see in your syslog reports from spamc?
Is it reporting any errors?

Please note the 'max-size' parameter for spamc:

   -s max_size, --max-size=max_size
       Set the maximum message size which will be sent to spamd -- any bigger than
       this threshold and the message will be returned unprocessed (default: 500 KB).
       If spamc gets handed a message bigger than this, it won't be passed to spamd.
       The maximum message size is 256 MB.

So any message larger than that parameter (default 500KB) will be silently bypassed as far
as spamd processing is concerned.

Note, do not make that a large number in an attempt to process -everything- unless you have
a beefy (lots of RAM & CPU) machine for your spamd processing.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016, Maik Linnemann wrote:

> SA is integrated into postix via master.cf like:

> # service type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command + args
> #               (yes)   (yes)   (yes)   (never) (100)
> smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
>   -o content_filter=spamassassin
>
> spamassassin unix -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>          user=nobody argv=/usr/bin/spamc -f -e /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f ${sender} ${recipient}
>
> i dont have milter or amavis in place. av scanning is done in the backend, where i would
say the tagging should already be done (and mostly its the case!)....

#include <std_disclaimer.h>