From Martin Gregorie <mar...@gregorie.org>
Subject Re: Penalizing code not working
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:14:04 GMT
On Tue, 2016-06-14 at 16:47 +0100, spamassassin@linkcheck.co.uk wrote:
> The code below is found in several places online and for some months
> I have been trying to get it to work, but whatever I do it flags up
> Fail even if the source is good. Typically I have been concentrating
> on gmail: from known good contacts I always get NOTVALID_GMAIL (I
> have reduced the scores to 0.01 to avoid false rejections). Is this
> code known to fail or is it something I'm doing wrong?

A tip that may help to debug your code:

Recode this by replacing the double underscores with 'T_'.
This will let you see which of your subrules are firing. When you're
happy that they are all matching the stuff you want them to match, you
can reverse the process to put e double underscores back.

For this to help you must have a collection of spam that all these
rules should match. Its OK to write your own minimal test messages to
check individual regexes. Use something like: