From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: Missed spam, suggestions?
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 18:24:20 GMT

On 08.03.16 11:16, @lbutlr wrote:
>I didn’t.

yes, you did, so I've had to paste them again below:

>> TOP SPAM RULES FIRED
>>
>> RANK	RULE NAME                	COUNT %OFRULES %OFMAIL %OFSPAM  %OFHAM
>>
>>   2	HTML_MESSAGE             	12714	  8.18	 38.98	 87.85	 90.80
>>
>> TOP HAM RULES FIRED
>>
>> RANK	RULE NAME                	COUNT %OFRULES %OFMAIL %OFSPAM  %OFHAM
>>
>>   1	HTML_MESSAGE             	16473	  9.13	 50.51	 87.85	 90.80
>>

>> Why did the same rule hit 38.98% of all mail and 50.51% of all mail?
>
>Because on is checking SPAM and on is checking HAM.

so why was %OFMAIL different from %OFSPAM in the first case and from %OFHAM
in the second case?

>> seems that the mail counts were different, but why?
>
>Because there are differing amounts of SPAM and HAM?

if we are only checking spam mail for a given rule, how can be number of
all hits different than number of spam hits? they all should be spam,
shouldn't they?