From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: FSL_HELO_BARE_IP_2 fires on wrong header
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2016 10:42:10 GMT

Am 26.01.2016 um 11:20 schrieb Tom Hendrikx:
> If you can't investigate, you either need to put your trust in bayes to
> compensate, or just drop the score. Whining because the rule does not
> match *your* type of mail does not make sense

it is not *my type of mail*

it's the type of mail of different customers from different senders and
the same on the setup of a friendly sysadmin for his *different*
customers where it also hits more ham than spam

we both don't waste our and the time of our customers with investigate
it while a sane rule doing deep header scans (which is *always*
dangerous) could just have a lower maximum score to never reach 1.5

my first job as sysadmin is to make sure mail get delivered and *after
that* filter out spam comes not the other direction

so anybody here: do what you want, i lowered the score for damned good
reasons and don't care about your false positives or not

why i waste my time to point out problematic defaults instead just
change the values local and be done which will happen in the future when
each and every time a big discussion starts telling me what i have to do
or not