From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: SpamAssassin Rules Regarding Abuse of New Top Level Domains
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 19:19:13 GMT
no!

the idea of cpanel, webmin and what not is trying to provide a reduced
and limited interface for users with no clue and give them the felling
they have some clue what they are doing

if you rely on capnel you better maintain no public server at all, take
money and pay somebody who knows what he is doing

and NO - that's not unfriendly, it's just the truth, maintaining
mailservices is a FULLTIME-JOB and that won't change in the near future

Am 13.10.2015 um 21:15 schrieb Larry Goldman:
> The _idea_ of CPanel is a good one: a low-cost, do-it-all solution which a broader range
of tech-savvy users can manage. It seems that the current GoDaddy/CPanel configuration I’m
using is obviously not up to the task of distinguishing SPAM in today’s world.

> If there is not an easy fix within their black box, I’ll consider hosting my own email
on OS X Server: full apache, full SA.

>> On Oct 13, 2015, at 12:07 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:
>>

>> Am 13.10.2015 um 21:02 schrieb Larry Goldman:
>>> I’ve seen CPanel hosted on several other ISPs. It would be quite unfortunate
(for them and for their users) if their email product could not reliably catch spam.

>> and i have seen so much shit from ISP's long ago that i started in 2005 to host and
implement anything we need on own infrastrcuture with own deployments and finally even replaced
a spamfilter-applicance from a million-dollar-company specialized for spamfiltering with own
solutions

>> they all sell SpamAssassin and other free components wrapped in layers over layers
(cPanel is one of the definite crap in that layers) and finally sell shit for money

>> do it yourself or live with the results
>>
>> what you can't expect is serious help on upstream mailing lists fro SA burried inside
a dozen of crap layers likely nobody on that planet knows how thinhgs are realy configured

- invest time and money or live with what you get