From Tom Robinson <tom.robin...@motec.com.au>
Subject Re: SPAM from our own domain
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 07:04:26 GMT
Hi Wolfgang,

On 28/09/15 16:24, hamann.w@t-online.de wrote:
> I have installed dkim on qmail (not sure about details, it is working since a few years)
> Your original post said there was SPF fail on the incoming message, so you could already
> score on that.
Looks like my setup ignores it. Where's the best place to update that scoring?
> I have enabled plugin support on qmail (not sure whether that is contained in your package),
> and I have worked on qmail-scanner-queue.pl

I have qmail-scanner-queue.pl installed for Spamassassin and ClamAV. I also have the
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DKIM configured in:

# grep loadplugin /etc/mail/spamassassin/v312.pre
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DKIM

> Both are good places to add extra filtering. The plugin would outright reject mail,
> where qmail-scanner would rather tag it as "potential virus"
> So if you are very sure that nobody in your organisation would ever send from your domain
> through a different mail server (maybe when sending from a mobile), you should probably
use
> the plugin. A plugin is an executable (script) that reads ENV variables like SMPTMAILFROM
> and SMTPRCPTTO and either does nothing or outputs a single line of text like
> E550 your mail is not welcome. Go away

Nobody should be sending from a different mail server. We use IMAPS and authenticated SMTPS
for
external users (mobiles, laptops, etc.).

Thanks,
Tom