From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: Test for empty EnvelopeFrom
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 18:58:51 GMT

Am 22.09.2015 um 19:43 schrieb Philip Prindeville:
> I’m using SA with MdF on Linux (Fedora 22).
>
> MdF generates the header “Return-Path: <mail-from>” for me, so that should
be available to me in the rules.

> To test this, I wrote a couple of rules:
>
> header __L_EMPTY_SENDER		EnvelopeFrom:addr !~ /./
> header __L_MATCH_SENDER		EnvelopeFrom:addr =~ /.*/

sorry, but you need to understand what the envelope-from is

hint: it exists *always* because it's the "MAIL FROM" command long
before data and don't depend on headers, nice when your MTA adds a
Envelope-Header, normally it's he Return-Path and the sender *do not
have* any business to deal with that

if it is empty it's <> aka Null-Sender and you really don't block that
because you violating RFC's, block sane autoreplies usng it to prevent
mail-loops and the subject indiactes one thing; you donät really
understand how email works

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounce_message