From RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Rule Help
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2015 14:12:03 GMT
On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 10:28:42 -0400
Dianne Skoll wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 14:21:50 +0000
> Dave <daves@grolen.com> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to create a rule that scores TLD's in received headers
> > if they are not certain TLD's. What I have so far:
>
> Your logic is wrong.  And you can do it all with one regex:
>
> header GC_TLD_COM Received !~/\.(?:com|net|org|edu|uk)\b/i
>
> I won't comment on the advisability of such a rule; the policy is up
> to you. Also beware that this will trigger on IPs with no reverse DNS.

There's usually a helo hostname even if there's no rDNS. The real
problem, as in the original rule, is that a single .com, .net etc
anywhere in the received headers causes it to fail.

Looking for any tlds that aren't on a list is fraught with problems -
particularly if you try to do it with received headers.