From Dianne Skoll <...@roaringpenguin.com>
Subject Re: Return Path (TM) whitelists
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2015 15:45:57 GMT
On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 17:34:06 +0200
Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:

> it's enough *once time* overlook the small letters besides soem
> checkbox saying "we give your data to our partners" and so agree
> without intention while it's hard to impossible to realize the
> connection when wekks or months later a mail form a 3rd party comes

Yes, that's true.  However, if Return-Path is certifying organizations
that use these sorts of tricks to get people to "agree without
intention", then Return-Path is not doing its job ethically.

Return-Path should have a policy of refusing to certify senders unless
they have a default opted-out policy with a requirement for verified
opt-in.

Regards,

Dianne.