From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: Barracuda / EmailReg.org protection racket? (OT, but help?)
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 13:04:43 GMT

Am 23.06.2015 um 14:57 schrieb Jered Floyd:
>>> The form does seem to have worked, and I'm not currently on the BRBL, although
>>> this morning I got bounces from a Barracuda customer for a very benign message
>>> with "rejected due to spam content," so who knows.  I wish there was better
>>> visibility into the process.
>>
>> then it was not blocked by the RBL but by the contentfilter
>
> Yes, I am aware of that.  My point was that if they are feeling that benign content (I'm
happy to forward to you) is spam, that may be a prelude to being on the BRBL again. (Although
that does appear to have been due to a colleague's WordPress mishap.)

maybe the RCPT did train his appliance wrong?

most people do that because they don't realize that train ham is more
important than training spam after a suiteable amount is trained

>> making the process not visible is by intention on a spamfilter because
>> otherwise you leak informations how to bypass it
>
> Of course!  With SA I can see what rules are being hit, though, which is nice.  I'm not
sure if the same is possible for a Barracuda client -- I have asked the affected recipient.
surely, you see even more on a Barracuda like which tokes of the message
was a hit and how often that token was marked as spam and as ham in case
of bayes via the webinterface

a highly customized spamassassin is part of the barracuda appliance