From "Bill Cole" <sausers-20150...@billmail.scconsult.com>
Subject Re: Cron <smmsp@thebighonker> /home/ler/bin/update-bayes.sh
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 22:39:21 GMT
On 5 Jun 2015, at 18:03, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> On 6/5/2015 5:55 PM, Bill Cole wrote:
>> I suspect that this is due to the same misguided over-detection of
>> "obfuscated URIs" that some time ago did violence to the
>> postfix-users list when the domain master.cf landed on multiple
>> URIBLs. Rather than leaving this breakage in place with noisy
>> reminders and occasional random damage, maybe a fix of only detecting
>> *ACTUAL URIs* and switching off the "anything with a dot is a domain
>> & any domain is part of a URI" insanity by default would be a good
>> interim fix.
> Your analysis of the current code is not correct to my knowledge.

That is not possible, because I have not analyzed the current code for
this sort of behavior, I have only witnessed it from past code that I
have concluded is substantively unchanged. But of course, you are
correct that *I COULD BE WRONG*. My recollection is that when a ticket
regarding this issue was opened circa 3.3.1 it was closed as a non-bug
because detecting obfuscated URIs was deemed important enough that
occasional entanglement of strings that were in no way domains in
context was an unavoidable and acceptable cost. That's an opinion I
cannot argue against in a civil manner, so I won't try.

> There *is* detection to see if the item could be a URL with a check of
> valid TLDs.
>
> .cf is a valid TLD (Central African Republic) so master-dot-cf is a
> valid URI.

That is a strictly false statement. A valid URI *MUST* include a valid
scheme, a colon, and often additional syntax such as 2 slashes for http
URIs. A domain name is not a URI.

A LINE WITH A URI:

    http://master.cf

SEVEN LINES WITHOUT A SINGLE VALID URI:

    master.cf
    http:\\master.cf
    http:/master.cf
    ls /*/*/master.cf
    http  :  /  / master.cf
    The error is in the config files in /etc/postfix: master.cf/main.cf
    Find the best deals on BDSM tourism in Africa at master.cf/bangui-me