From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: Confused about Bayes expiry
Date Mon, 25 May 2015 07:43:41 GMT

On 24.05.15 15:26, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
>Perhaps this paragraph could be included verbatim in the podfile, and
>the current wording (especially about bayes_auto_expire) removed :-)

maybe re-worded, not removed.

>But, in fact I already have a cronjob running "sa-learn
>--force-expire".  The reason I would prefer to remove it (and so the
>reason for my original post) is that it does a journal sync as well,
>which I didn't intend and which interferes with other things.

what other things? Journal is here to fasten database updates, not to avoid
database writes. too big journal slows things down.

The main reason to use manual expire is to avoid ocassional delays with
automatic expire noted in the bugreport you posted link to.

so, again, what are reasons you want to avoid journal syncs?
It's now safe to throw off your computer.