From Marieke Janssen <mjans...@myguard.nl>
Subject Re: Fedora 21 / Postfix config issue
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 18:22:08 GMT

On 2015-04-16 19:08, Richard Troy wrote:
> postfix/smtpd[18151]: warning: connect to Milter service
> unix:/run/spamass-milter/postfix/sock: No such file or directory

Postfix probably tries to read
/var/spool/postfix/run/spamass-milter/postfix/sock as I do believe the
path is relative to the spool directory.

I don't know exactly about ownership and file modes as I don't use
spamass-milter myself, but I would suggest a simplefied version of the
path you choose, unix:/spamass-milter/postfix.sock
You have to create the directory yourself, including the right
ownership/rights. (both postfix as spamass-milter needs access, how
exactly is left to the exercise of the reader:-))

Don't forget to update the milter config accordingly to the full path,
/var/spool/postfix/spamass-milter/postfix.sock

> I DO NOTE, however, that there's something called spamd ... I have NOT
> touched it per se; instead, I've started "spamassassin.service" (with
> systemctl) and when I check status, it says:

spamd is the daemonized version of spamassassin, spamc is the client,
the milter uses spamc to connect to spamd.

Good luck,
/MJ