From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: Rejecting without backscatter (was Re: Spamassassin not catching spam (Follow-up))
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:54:45 GMT

Am 26.03.2015 um 13:43 schrieb David F. Skoll:
> On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:09:58 +0100
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:
>
>> why in the world would a reject *before queue* trigger a backscatter
>> or bounce on my side?
>
> How do you do before-queue rejection of a message that is...
>
> 1) Directed to multiple recipients...

the content is the same, reject it or not

> 2) Some of which have different spam thresholds or have even opted-out?
>
> Solve that problem, and then I agree with you.  And saying "well, don't
> let different end-users have different settings" is not a solution.
> Neither is "tempfail all recipients but the first so the message
> is transmitted one time for each recipient."

the same way you reject a mail with a invalid recipient and two valid
ones - as you can see below spamass-milter anyways get a seperate copy
for scanning to change the overall score based on envelopes (from as
well as too) based on
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/193456