From "David F. Skoll" <...@roaringpenguin.com>
Subject Re: Rejecting without backscatter (was Re: Spamassassin not catching spam (Follow-up))
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:57:09 GMT
On Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:47:16 +0100
Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:

> i proved you that i can assign differnt scores to a single message
> with more than one recipients *per recipient*

Assigning scores is passive.  What do you do with the scored messages?
If all your users are content to use tagging only, and never discard
messages that are tagged highly, then yes... you've solved a limited
version of the problem.

In the real world, users are not willing to accept that.  They just
want spam *gone*.  They don't even want to see or deal with it in any
way.

>  > Then you're breaking German law

> OK, you really just provocate, otherwise you would not bring that
> when we talk about rejects and not discarding

I'm not provoking, truly.  I'm genuinely curious why you think a 5xx reject
is legal according to the law you cited whereas a 2xx discard is not.
I really cannot see the logic for that assumption; in either case
you are "suppressing" data.

Regards,

David.