From "Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGr...@PCCC.com>
Subject Re: Uptick in spam
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2015 18:47:45 GMT
On 2/16/2015 1:33 PM, Amir Caspi wrote:
> Over the last week I've seen a significant uptick in FN spam to my users.  We're getting
tens of FNs per day per user, whereas a few weeks ago it was just a few FNs per day per user.
 We're getting BAYES_99/999 on many of these, but no other major markers are hitting (razor,
pyzor, dcc, etc.), so maybe we're just the unlucky "early recipients" of most of these spam
runs...

> I've been very lax in updating my AC_SPAMMY_URI_PATTERNS rules, but I'll try to get back
to that ASAP.  Unfortunately many of these FNs are hard to write URI templates against, so
not sure that will help much...

> Just wondering if others are seeing the same thing, and if there are any obvious updates
I've been missing to try and combat them.  (I know masscheck has been starved lately for rule
generation, so maybe that's why...)
I'm happy to look at a recent sample and throw it through my system to
see what it hits but overall, I've been seeing the exact opposite.
> (BTW, I am happy to contribute my spam corpus of well over 7000 messages... right now
I can't dedicate CPU time to running masscheck, but I can contribute the messages.)
FYI that Masscheck has had a hiccup or two but we have been generating
rules after about a week of downtime early this month.