From "Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGr...@PCCC.com>
Subject Re: Problem with X-Originating-IP and PBL
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 12:53:03 GMT
On 2/9/2015 7:43 AM, rsmits-l wrote:
> I have been reading some threads on the Internet about problems with
> the field "X-Originating-IP" and the Spamhaus PBL list. We are also
> having this problem. I have installed a workaround for this but is not
> working bulletproof.
>
> I am wondering if there is a permanent solution for this ? I am
> running : SpamAssassin version 3.3.1
> running on Perl version 5.10.1
> amavisd-new : amavisd-new-2.8.0 (20120630)
>
> The workaround I have made :
>
> header OFFICE365_01 Received =~ /\.outbound\.protection\.outlook\.com/i
> header OFFICE365_02 x-originating-ip =~ /^\[/
>
> But I am also seeing some real spam coming from Microsoft so this is
> not bulletproof.
>
> Has anyone got information ?

My guess is that if you check the email from the command line, it does
not fire against the RBL but something in the glue is either A)
synthesizing a header using the X-Originating-IP or the same IP; or B)
there is a logic case in SA that is hitting in the glue but not otherwise.

Someone else was mentioning this a few days ago using spamass-milter, I
believe.

Can you test the email from the command line?  Can you provide a sample
on pastebin?

Regards,
KAM