From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: regex: chars to escape bsides @
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2015 10:38:16 GMT

Am 04.01.2015 um 11:21 schrieb Tom Hendrikx:
> On 04-01-15 11:03, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> Umm.. (sorry) for once Reindl is somewhat correct. We are writing
>>> rules using _SpamAssassin_, not coding Perl.  What low-level
>>> regex/variables do in any language is meaningless in this context
>>> as SpamAssassin might manipulate things in any number of ways.
>>> Quoting requirements and other strange things should be
>>> documented in SpamAssassin, but at a quick glance nothing is
>>> mentioned about @, only # is referred as needing quoting.  So
>>> documentation could use an update.
>
>> and h ebiggest issue is that the testmail from gmail hitted
>> "MISSING_HEADERS" and "MISSING_SUBJECT" while both where present
>> and so it looks the whole rule enigne is going crazy because one
>> unescaped @
>

> If you add custom rule that don't pass a lint test, you pretty much
> screwed it up yourself. You can't blame spamassassin for that

i can and will blame it for not just skip a broken rule by not skip it
like postfix does for a invalid pcre-regex the same way as any of my
users blame me for unexpected behavior

but the *one and only* question is in the subject and *NO* i do not need
poting to damned perl docs - that i can do myself and for that i don't
need a mailing-list - the whole purpose of a mailing list is to ask if
somebody has a already done something similar, ran in the same issues
and it is *not* unlikely that somebody out there already wrote a php
backend for generate SA rules