From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: Bayesian filter error?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 10:25:20 GMT

Am 29.10.2014 um 10:50 schrieb Marco Tironi / 8volante Srl:
> Hi, I use a Spamassasin version 3.3.1 on Windows System and I have a
> problem with Bayesian filter:
>
> -A legitimate users send an email to our server and they are delivered
> normally
>
> -When that users insert it’s domain in the email signature the email is
> marked as spam with that header:
>
> oX-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=2.8 required=2.0
> tests=BAYES_99,BAYES_999,HTML_MESSAGE,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW,SPF_PASS
> autolearn=no version=3.3.1
>
> oX-Spam-Score: 2.8
>
> -After a few try I have noticed that if I remove the domain line form
> the signature the email is delivery correctly
>
> -That users report that the problem is the same on many server (I think
> that’s because all use BAYES filter
>
> How can I inform the manteiners of Bayes Filter of this false positive?

normally i would expect that behavior triggered by URI blacklists which
did not hit in the tests - if it is really bayse than it means a lot of
messages containing this domain are trained as spam and none as ham

a bayse relies on proper training

meaning you need at least the same amount ham samples for a really good
working one as you have spam samples

what says "sa-learn --dump magic"