From Dave Warren <da...@hireahit.com>
Subject Re: recent channel update woes
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2014 19:23:14 GMT
On 2014-10-07 16:58, Karsten Br├Ąckelmann wrote:
>> I monitor positive and negative responses, for IP based DNS BLs, I use
>> >the following by default:
>> >
>> >127.0.0.1 should not be listed.
>> >127.0.0.2 should be listed.
> Depending on how the DNSBL implements such static test-points, they
> might not be affected by the issue causing the false listings.
> Similarly, domains likely to appear on exonerate lists (compare
> uridnsbl_skip_domain e.g.) might also not be affected.
>
> For paranoid monitoring, low-profile domains that definitely do not and
> will not match the listing criteria might be better suited for the task.

I included: $MYIP for that reason; If I'm listed, either the world is
being listed, or I have a problem. Either way, I want to know about it, now.

>> >$MYIP should not be listed.

In the event that I'm blocked from querying the DNSBL, that a DNSBL is
offline, under attack or whatever, odds are that 127.0.0.2 (or whatever
is applicable) will disappear.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/