From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: half-OT: please remove spam-markers from subjects
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 08:12:23 GMT

Am 30.09.2014 um 18:12 schrieb jdebert:
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 19:19:10 +0200
> Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:

>>> Please teach your users to filter on the List-ID: header rather than
>>> Subject: for this list.  The issue can be entirely avoided without
>>> requiring everyone else in the world to alter their behaviour
>>
>> the [SPAM] marker comes *before* all other sieve-filters
>> otherwise it would not catch faked From-Headers
>>
>> it's not a big deal but i see that mistake sometimes
>> also in business communication - not real good
>
> I do not see any subject lines in this thread with [SPAM] in them. I
> rarely see them in this list at all. (I suspect people are aware it can
> cause some poorer filtering implementations to delete them.)

so what - this was a new thread  to not hijack others

> Perhaps you need to look closer to home for this problem?

for sure not if it appears in the middle of subjects

> Meantime, it is highly recommended that, if someone subscribes to a
> list about spam, one MUST make an exception to their filtering rules as
> previously mentioned. It's also very sensible. It is ridiculous to
> insist that people talking about spam stop using the word "spam"

the SA list has a -100 score

that won't change the fact that it is in general a bad
attitude not look at the subject of a mail someone
writes, but so be it until another flamewar starts
because some smart asses need to reply to a hint
wich needs no repsonse at all and was intended to
just point out a common mistake