From Bob Proulx <...@proulx.com>
Subject Re: Missing rules
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 19:53:30 GMT
James B. Byrne wrote:
> Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> > Policies such as this show a complete lack of understanding on how to run
> > production infrastructure.  RH will never update SA in RHEL6 to any new
> > release.  Your best course of action is to fix your broken policy.  Failing
> > that, you can try finding a distribution that ships a newer build of SA,
> > but whatever that is will quickly be outdated as well.
>
> Which explains, of course, why Linux distributions belonging to the
> RedHAt/CentOs/ScientificLinux/RHOS/ClearOS family are so lacking in
> popularity and so seldom found in corporate environments.

On the contrary.  My experience is that the RHEL family is extremely
popular in corporate environments.  And it is almost never connected
to an update network and almost never gets any updates of any sort.
Which provides me with a source of frustration.  But also a source of
income from them needing support dealing with it.  But being on the
approved vendor list it is the one that is used most often in the
corporate world.  Meanwhile not dealing with change well is just one
of the symptoms of why the corporate world has trouble reacting to a
quickly changing environment.

Bob