From Steve Bergman <sbergma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bayes, Manual and Auto Learning Strategies
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 03:40:58 GMT

On 07/01/2014 10:21 PM, Karsten Br├Ąckelmann wrote:

> http://spamassassin.apache.org/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html
> http://spamassassin.apache.org/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_AutoLearnThreshold.html

I've read those over and over. It never says anything about where the
data is maintained, or whether it's per-user or not. The *only* solid
claim I have is a ten year old (yes, at the dawn of SA Bayes) post which
specifically says it's in memory, system-wide, and lost upon SA restart.

> Milter usually means system-wide. (But since you just asked, it is.)

I'm using spamass-milter. It suid's to the recipient user for most
mails. For aliases it defaults to a particular user who gets an
unbelievable amount of spam at the gate, and whom I know sorts his
ham/spam religiously.

> Which, referring to my previous post, also means, a single sloppy user
> deleting your custom-auto-learned FN ham messages affects all your other
> users.

No. I make sure to keep each user solely responsible for their own email
welfare.

> Irrespective of your feeling -- cheers!  /me having a beer

Whew! After the conversations I've had here, today, I need one, too! ;-)

-Steve