From Philip Prindeville <philipp_s...@redfish-solutions.com>
Subject Re: remove
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 00:54:30 GMT

On Jul 3, 2014, at 2:43 PM, Karsten Bräckelmann <guenther@rudersport.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 2014-07-03 at 15:32 -0400, Lee Dilkie wrote:
>> cute..
>>
>> his is the mail system at host relay.mailchannels.net.
>>
>> I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
>> be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
>
>> Remote-MTA: dns; mx1.us.apache.org
>> Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 SPF forgery: Please see
>>

>> can't unsubscribe from an anti-spam list because my request looks like spam..
>> :)
>
> For the same reason your reply isn't accepted by the list server.
>

> Pro-tip: Include the relay as permitted sender to your SPF record, if
> you opt-in to publish an SPF record and want to use a relay...
>
> dbg: spf: checking EnvelopeFrom (helo=relay.mailchannels.net, ip=184.154.112.233, envfrom=lee@dilkie.com)
>
> dbg: spf: query for lee@dilkie.com/184.154.112.233/relay.mailchannels.net:
> result: fail, comment: Please see http://www.openspf.net/Why?s=mfrom;id=lee%40dilkie.com;ip=184.154.112.233;r=lenny,
text: Mechanism '-all’
> matched

Which reminds me: is there a ‘reflector’ address anyone can mail to which will verify
their SPF and DKIM records?

Or… no, I guess such a beast would be susceptible to reflector attacks from spoofed addresses…
so it’s a dumb question.

Unless it cached a response and you had to click on a link to see the results instead…

-Philip