From "Anthony Cartmell" <li...@fonant.com>
Subject Re: Why do I get both URIBL_DBL_SPAM and URIBL_BLOCKED?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 08:09:03 GMT
> Also, it appears to me that the ISP provider caches not any worse than
> the
> local server dns server would cache, so could you please explain, what
> benefit caching them locally provides over using already set up DNS
> server at ISP?

The caching aspect isn't particularly relevant.

The problem is that your ISP's name server will be querying the URIBL
server on behalf of perhaps thousands of SpamAssassin instances on other
machines. So it's blocked because it's making too many queries from a
single IP address.

In contrast, if you run your own name server it will only be querying the
URIBL server for your own queries. Which will hopefully be well under the
threshold for being blocked for over-use.

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites
Tel. 01903 867 810