From Philip Prindeville <philipp_s...@redfish-solutions.com>
Subject Local BL support?
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 20:46:57 GMT
I’d like to add a plugin (and eventually share it once the bugs are out) that uses either
Net::CIDR::Lite to allow manual entry of IP-based blacklists for known offending address blocks,
or else using the Geo::IP module to blacklist based on the country or ISP.

It would need to expose parts of the API depending on how it detects the presence of modules,
I suppose.

Not sure if it’s worth making run-time detection of the Geo::IP licenses and databases do
the same.

Is there a prototype Plugin that I could use for doing parsing/looking up the URI’s hostname?
 Since I’m using a local database without network access, it could happen synchronously…

Thanks,

-Philip