From Giles Coochey <gi...@coochey.net>
Subject Re: SA without procmail?
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:18:34 GMT
On 20/06/2014 14:05, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> Incidentally, nobody really answered my original query -
>
> I don't see why SA couldn't divert spam to a spam-folder,
>
> instead of adding a header?
>
> That would seem much simpler to me.

It isn't what spamassassin does, it just classifies email.

In the same way a MTA just forwards email.

Moving emails to folders is a task of the LDA, or a MUA.

http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030516

Typically, spamassassin will be called by any (MTA, MUA, MDA / LDA) and
it will report back (e.g. by inserting a header into the original input).

It is the task of what called it to act upon it.

--
Regards,

Giles Coochey, CCNP, CCNA, CCNAS
NetSecSpec Ltd