From Patrick Domack <patric...@patrickdk.com>
Subject Re: Domain ages (was Re: SPAM from a registrar)
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2014 14:34:48 GMT
Quoting Axb <axb.lists@gmail.com>:

> On 06/10/2014 04:14 PM, Patrick Domack wrote:
>>
>> Quoting Axb <axb.lists@gmail.com>:

>>> domains don't have to have users on them.
>>>
>>> "coming up" film sites, parents setting up sweet16 sites, wedding
>>> sites, cosmetic vendors, art festivals, etc, etc, TONS of etc,  use
>>> new domains for marketing, often seen in mail even before DNS is has
>>> fully replicated.
>>
>> Yes, anything is possible.
>>
>> I have yet, to see any ligit email though, I'm sure I will a few times a
>> year. I have seen email before dns/whois even is updated.
>>
>> But personally, one should work to establish their reputation before
>> blasting out emails. You have to do this when moving ip addresses, and
>> also for domains, though not as many servers track domain reputation as
>> much as ip reputation.
>
> you honestly expect marketing drones to understand/care?
>
> All  URI BLs I know of (SURBL/URIBL/DBL/Invaluement/etc) check &
> track domain reputation otherwise they'd be unusable.
>
> Their listings are not blind - they all have their secret sauce to
> process before listing a domain.

So, we are unwilling to look into any new ideas cause there might be
an issue? that we haven't scoped or checked into?

How is progress made, when your unwilling to check and collect stats
and figures.

This was meant to be another metric that could, or might not be used.
I personally got tired of everyone talking about it, many shooting it
down, and NO ONE actually looking into it, and reporting real stats
about it.

Personally, I thought it was a pointless test, but it is proving
useful. Does it single handily solve spam and has no side effects? No,
but if you find that solution, you will be rich.