From Dave Warren <da...@hireahit.com>
Subject Re: RCVD_IN_IADB_VOUCHED pushed spam into false negatives
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 15:59:23 GMT
  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      4/14/2014 7:34 PM, Dave Warren wrote:
          see is them bragging about how
          little checking they do. What I don't see on their Web site is
          any way to
          report spam to them.
          I've gone ahead and set all IADB scores to 0 locally, but I'm
          curious if
          this strikes anybody else as a questionable default for stock
          SA?
        Are we talking about <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.isipp.com/iadb.php">http://www.isipp.com/iadb.php</a>
or something
        else?
        Based on
        <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklistsInclusionPolicy">https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklistsInclusionPolicy</a>
        I'm not sure that they qualify anyway, specifically:
        "Must not have intent to profit, including optional or required
        payments, in order to remove, add, expedite or otherwise
        non-objectively handle entries to their lists."
        <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.isipp.com/suretymail-faq.php#pricing">http://www.isipp.com/suretymail-faq.php#pricing</a>
indicates that
        pricing starts at $10.00 per month, and I cannot find any way to
        add or remove an IP without paying a fee. Am I misreading the
        rules, or are they out of compliance to be included at all?
      No, I think you are reading it correctly.&nbsp; It was added prior to
      the policy.&nbsp; If it has a lot of problems, we would have to
      consider disabling it by default.
    I just thought I'd mention the rules since it seemed to be outside
    them, but if it's grandfathered in, that's not unfair.<br>
    I don't know if there are problems with it or not, I don't use
    SpamAssassin's DNS lookups in my infrastructure, my mail server
    implements it's own DNSBL and URIBL lookups before SA is called.<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Dave Warren
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.hireahit.com/">http://www.hireahit.com/</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://ca.linkedin.com/in/davejwarren">http://ca.linkedin.com/in/davejwarren</a>