From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: Pyzor errors block URIBL lookups?
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 21:15:59 GMT
On Thu, 13 Mar 2014, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:48 PM -0700 John Hardin <jhardin@impsec.org>
> wrote:
>
>>  On Thu, 13 Mar 2014, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>>
>> >  In looking at why some spam is still making it through, it appears that
>> >  Pyzor  errors block URIBL lookups:
>>
>>  I'm working with someone who seems to be having the same problem in 3.3.1
>>  - thanks for noting this, I will take a closer look.
>
> Thanks.  The scoring can vary depending on when the pyzor callback fails. For
> example, in another run, the pyzor error doesn't come back until after more
> of the URI checks are done:
>
> etc.  I.e., the scoring is completely erratic based on where URIBL processing
> is when the pyzor callback fails.

That's similar to the behavior they're seeing. Much lower URIBL hits than
when running SA from the command line on the test MX, and the log shows
problems with pyzor (though the excerpt I saw didn't mention a traceback,
it just said "no output").

FWIW they're running amavisd-new, and we're trying to figure out why the
scores on MTA-processed messages are so much lower than when the same
message is passed through command-line SA in debug mode.

   Politicians never accuse you of "greed" for wanting other people's
   money, only for wanting to keep your own money.    -- Joseph Sobran
  Tomorrow: Albert Einstein's 135th Birthday