From Thomas Harold <thomas-li...@nybeta.com>
Subject Re: CentOS/RHEL repo?
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:33:18 GMT
On 3/17/2014 9:28 AM, Bowie Bailey wrote:
> On 3/17/2014 2:27 AM, Amir Caspi wrote:
>> On Mar 17, 2014, at 12:12 AM, Thomas Harold <thomas-lists@nybeta.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Well, for simplicity, RPMForge is probably the easiest, even if it
>>> doesn't have the latest versions.  Latest CentOS6 x64 version is 3.3.1.
>> rpmforge-extras has v3.3.2.  Atomic also has it.  Nobody has 3.4 yet.
>
> 3.4 was released over a month ago at this point and should not be a
> difficult package to build.  Maybe I'm just expecting too much. What is
> the general lag time for an updated package to make it into the repo?

You would have to ask whoever created the RPM up on RPMForge.  See the
Changelog at the bottom of the page.  I don't know who the current
custodian is.

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/dag/redhat/el6/x86_64/extras/spamassassin-3.3.2-4.el6.rfx.x86_64.html

Build date: Wed Jan 25 14:50:16 2012
Release date for 3.3.2 was 2011-06-16.

So looks like about a 7 month lag on the last release, which may or may
not mean anything at all.