From "Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGr...@PCCC.com>
Subject Re: sa-update fails - bug 6702 reappearing?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 15:21:20 GMT
On 3/3/2014 10:06 AM, Dieter Braun wrote:
> Tried it - removed all files listed in
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/Mail/SpamAssassin/.packlist

> and recompiled from scratch (after "make clean"): Same behavior as
> described below.
>
> Noticed something I'm wondering about: "sa-update" and "spamassassin
> --lint" want to call "check_equal_from_domains" via package
> "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus". But when I grep through the source
> code, I find "check_equal_from_domains" in the file
> "lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/HeaderEval.pm". (In the installed files
> "check_equal_from_domains" is defined in
> "/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/HeaderEval.pm".)
> Just wondering about this.
PerMsgStatus or PMS is more of the core library that loops through the
message.

I would do a locate HeaderEval.pm or similar.  To me, this is acting
like you have an old version of the file HeaderEval.pm (perhaps multiple
versions of perl)?

I can recreate this issue by modifying HeaderEval.pm to remove
$self->register_eval_rule("check_equal_from_domains");

    rules: failed to run T_HEADER_FROM_DIFFERENT_DOMAINS test, skipping:
             (Can't locate object method "check_equal_from_domains" via
    package "Mail::SpamAssassin::PerMsgStatus" at (eval 1125) line 1423.
    )
    channel: lint check of update failed, channel failed

Did you install via cpan, source, rpm, etc?

Regards,
KAM