From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: Spam Pattern
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 20:15:28 GMT
On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Joe Quinn wrote:

> This pattern has been showing up in a good 80% of spam I have looked at in
> the past month.
>
> Spammers take a few paragraphs out of a large body of text and put it at the
> end of their email. My favorite is one that had the scene where Daisy first
> meets Jay Gatsby.
>
> Sometimes they add some munging, or like in this example they insert
> base64-encoded hashes. We have a rule for the plaintext hashes, but does
> anyone on the list have a good way of detecting this?

Bayes.

   Mine eyes have seen the horror of the voting of the horde;
   They've looted the fromagerie where guv'ment cheese is stored;
   If war's not won before the break they grow so quickly bored;
   Their vote counts as much as yours.                          -- Tam
  Today: Abraham Lincoln's and Charles Darwin's 205th Birthdays