From "Kevin A. McGrail" <KMcGr...@PCCC.com>
Subject Re: Status of v3.4
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 21:12:46 GMT
On 1/7/2014 4:08 PM, Alex wrote:
> I wanted to ask what the current status of v3.4 is since the beta was
> posted some months ago?
I'm working on the next release candidate right now.  It's been far too
long but I've been of course working on other items including the KAM.cf
rules and the RBL work.
> Are people finding that it's already performing better than v3.2?
Yes.  It has some significant improvements and IMO despite it's lack of
release status, it is release quality and runs on production servers.
> Are
> there rule updates/improvements as frequently as with v3.2?
3.2 did not have rule updates.  That was introduced with v3.3.  At the
moment, the updates are done via the same system so yes they are exactly
the same.
> Is it available as a tarball or should I just check it out with svn?
As I understand it, the ASF frowns on tarballs because they imply an
official release so SVN is best.

Regards,
KAM