From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: Help in understanding why SA not using bayes rules.
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 01:44:04 GMT
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

>> >  In FreeBSD /bin/sh is a minimal POSIX bourne shell, brace expansion
>> >  isn't supported.
>
> On 24.11.13 22:53, Гуляев Гоша wrote:
>> I will know that moment now, thanks!
>> But script are working, maybe because user root from which that script are
>> starts uses /bin/csh shell?
>
> this script starts with #!/bin/sh, which means it is supposed to run under
> /bin/sh, where beace expansion does not need to be supported.

That doesn't necessarily mean the person writing (or later modifying) the
script was paying attention when they wrote the brace-expansion bits, and
it may have been tested on a system where /bin/sh was symlinked to
/bin/bash or another shell that does support brace expansion (the default
/bin/sh may have been overridden); also, the #! syntax won't override a
command like "/bin/bash myscript".

But your point is taken. If it's using brace expansion, then it should
probably start with #!/bin/bash rather than #!/bin/sh so that the correct
shell gets run absent /bin/sh symlinks and an explict-shell command line.

   Of the twenty-two civilizations that have appeared in history,
   nineteen of them collapsed when they reached the moral state the
   United States is in now.                          -- Arnold Toynbee
  542 days since the first successful private support mission to ISS (SpaceX)