From Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bai...@BUC.com>
Subject Re: How do I find a parent rule for a test?
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 21:03:26 GMT
On 9/16/2013 4:55 PM, Abhijeet Rastogi wrote:
>> If you don't want to use the rules in the updates directory, why would you
>> even need to run sa-update?
> I wish I could. SpamAssassin dies with the message as below if I don't
> run sa-update or move the directory '/var/lib/spamassassin'.
>
> die "config: no rules were found!  Do you need to run 'sa-update'?\n";

Right.  You have to run it once to get the rules.  After that, you can
do whatever you need to do to disable the rules.  You don't need to
worry about your changes being overwritten by sa-update because if
you're not using the rules, there's no point in updating them, so just
make sure sa-update doesn't run again.

--
Bowie