From "Joe Acquisto-j4" <j...@j4computers.com>
Subject Re: RP_MATCHES_RCVD letting in SPAM
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:39:45 GMT

> Bear in mind, that will tell you whether those configuration files are
> syntactically correct; that does not tell you anything about whether or
> not those are the files the spamd daemon is using.
>
> Take a look at the script that starts spamd. It may have a hardcoded path
> to the configuration directory.
>
> --
>   John Hardin KA7OHZ                    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/

The /etc/init.d/spamd file has a hardcoded reference to that specific file.  I'm pretty sure
 it is the one being read.

However, I am not so certain others are not being read later.

I find a lot of references, for example, to BAYES_99 in /usr/share/spamassassin/blah.cf.
I certainly don't know if these would override the setting in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf.

joe a.