From Mike Brown <m...@skew.org>
Subject Re: sa-update: MIRRORED.BY is 404 for any channel
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2013 04:12:43 GMT
Martin wrote:
> Do you have a MIRRORED.BY file in you spamassassin update directory? It
> looks like it doesn't have the file with the mirrors in and instead is using
> the file name.
>
> If so you could copy it over from your other box that's working.

Thanks; your suggestion worked.

The way MIRRORED.BY files get used and updated(?) is a complete mystery to me.

There was nothing in the old file that was wrong, syntax-wise. It was the same
as the current, working one, but with the last line (the secnap mirror)
commented out by me after seeing something about that site having problems a
while back. How this difference results in the 404s I was seeing is not at all
obvious.