From Martin Gregorie <mar...@gregorie.org>
Subject Re: Subscriber spam
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 16:57:31 GMT
On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 12:04 -0400, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm receiving what I think is spam but looks like it's from a
> subscription-based list, yet the domain isn't blacklisted even after
> receiving messages similar to these for at least a week:
>
> http://pastebin.com/N7Dw03sG
>
> The domain is gbresponder.com.

There are two relevant domains:

- the From and Reply-To headers use rocketmail.com, which seems to be
  wholly owned by Yahoo and so can be assumed to share their attitude to
  spam.

- gpresponder.com is an e-mail marketing outfit based in Miami Beach, so
  it seems likely that sending spam is their main business model.

Adding gbresponder.com to your local DNSBL seems quite reasonable to me.

Martin