From Ben Johnson <...@indietorrent.org>
Subject Re: Telling BAYES not to learn?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 19:26:51 GMT

On 2/7/2013 11:13 AM, Marc Perkel wrote:

> On 2/7/2013 6:58 AM, RW wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 07:20:24 -0800
>> Marc Perkel wrote:
>>
>>> is there a way I can put something in a rule that would cause bayes
>>> not to learn - such as a rule that detects bayes poisoning?
>> Why do you think this is a good idea?
>>

> Because when a message uses invisible text to poison bayes then I don't
> want to learn that because it will make bayes less effective.

Invisible text is a problem only for humans, not for machines. So, it
sounds as though the problem you're describing relates to reviewing
messages, manually (with your eyes), and taking some action as a result.

If this is so, why not read the messages in *plaintext*, so you see the
"invisible text" and can therefore act accordingly?