From Ned Slider <...@unixmail.co.uk>
Subject Re: A plugin for banned words?
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2012 20:15:42 GMT
On 30/12/12 18:44, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> 30.12.2012 20:25, Ned Slider kirjoitti:
>> Where is this list?

>> jboss-user@lists.jboss.org on lists.jboss.org.
>>
>> Can you point to some example spam in the list archives please.
> Sorry, I was a bit inaccurate with the list name..

>   <mailto:jboss-user-request@lists.jboss.org?subject=subscribe>
>
> It's spamming me faster than I can process it. I report to SpamCop, Pyzor&  Razor
via SpamAssassin's report function, and the queue just keeps growing ;)

Ah yes, it's not a Red Hat run list, but rather something run by
jboss.org (of course now owned by Red Hat)

I suspect this is an issue that they need to sort out their end rather
than something all their users need to resolve. They shouldn't be
emitting spam at those levels.

As Martin noted, it appears to be some forum software setup also linked
to the mailing list. No doubt the admin is away for the holiday season
and the spammers are running rampant. When sites become overrun like
that they very quickly become unusable.

If it were me I'd suspend delivery from the list until they are able to
resolve their spam issue.