From John Hardin <jhar...@impsec.org>
Subject Re: Claims manager / LOTTO_AGENT
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 15:44:22 GMT
On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, Michael Orlitzky wrote:

> On 11/07/2012 10:36 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
>> On 11/07, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>>> This is my fault, of course, but I'm not allowed to mass-check this
>>> stuff. It's ongoing legal correspondence.
>>
>> Er, what?  You're not allowed to provide a list of which rules hit each
>> of your emails?  Or you're not allowed to run a program on your emails
>> that isn't spamassassin?  Or did I just not put "This does not require
>> sending us your email" in bold enough times on the masscheck page?
>
> This is a client of ours (a law firm) and not the company that I work
> for. *I* know there's probably nothing sensitive in there, but just to
> cover my ass I'd need to get permission to send the results off-site.

Only the list of rules which hit is publicly visible, the actual content
of the message is not. Any leakage of confidential information is very
unlikely.

> From their perspective, it's just simpler to say no: it's not worth the
> time or effort to even think about if there's a minute chance of it
> coming back to bite them legally.

I will take a look at "claims manager" in the 419 rules.

   ...the good of having the government prohibited from doing harm
   far outweighs the harm of having it obstructed from doing good.
                                                    -- Mike@mike-istan
  3 days until Veterans Day