From Cathryn Mataga <cath...@junglevision.com>
Subject Re: How to report a spam botnet
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 20:26:15 GMT
On 11/20/2012 4:29 AM, Jason Ede wrote:
> However, ISP's blocking smtp ports for suspected spammers would help... Ideally they'd
block all traffic on port 25 or 587 not sent through their SMTP engine which would do some
basic spam checks...

Easy enough to block #25 by default -- turn it on for anyone who asks.

  I think the idea of a botnet black hole list is great, really. Best if
support could be integrated into routers, though maybe enough to start
just to make a linux/unix program to do this to prove the concept.
Would be handy for online forums where the bots are posting comment spam
all the time.

https://www.projecthoneypot.org/

I think this site, projecthoneypot is similar?  Though maybe something
that targets the bot nets specifically would be useful? I'm not sure.
Really I'm just an end user here.