From Cathryn Mataga <cath...@junglevision.com>
Subject Re: BAYES_99 score
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 19:19:30 GMT
On 10/24/2012 8:35 AM, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
> 24.10.2012 18:19, Ned Slider kirjoitti:
>> I have had very good success running adjusted scores for BAYES rules,
>> but I am very careful how I train my bayes database. I've disabled
>> auto-learning and only manually train on hand-checked ham and spam
>> examples. Consequently, I find the extremes (BAYES_99 and BAYES_00) to
>> be highly reliable indicators.
> I have never seen false BAYES_99, but false BAYES_00 is not that rare.

  I'm not sure what's going on, but i cleared Bayes, and set
use_auto_learn 0
and then relearned from HAM/Spam messages, and checking for yesterday, I
got 12 spam, every single one had BAYES_00 set.

I do get a vast amount of spam coming in here, so that 12 is  down from
several hundred spam that got marked correctly.