From "Joseph Acquisto" <j...@j4computers.com>
Subject Re: No magic, since clearing database
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 00:23:49 GMT
> That's pretty easy. The SA man page says that the default bayes database
> path is  ~/.spamassassin/bayes, which is in each user's home directory.
>
> Just set the bayes path in your local config to a path which is not based
> on the user (i.e. does not start with ~), perhaps something like this:
>
>  	bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes_db/bayes
>
> Make sure that the user who does run SA has permission to access that
> directory (/etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes_db) and the files in it (bayes*) -
> writable if you're using autolearn, read-only if not.
>
> Then any user with write permission to the files in that directory (e.g.
> root) can run sa-learn.
>
> I'll see about updating the wiki.

Still not doing something right.

Even after editing /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf to include the bayes_path
(after having created the directories) and restarting spamd, still only /root/.spamassassing/bayes
stuff
gets updates with sa-learn.

The new directory stays empty.

Spamd seems to have been invoked as root (ps aux | grep spam).

I'll have to review the setup as I thought it was to be the specific user I created.

joe a.