From "David F. Skoll" <...@roaringpenguin.com>
Subject Re: Adding a blacklist via sa-update - would you mind?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 21:32:33 GMT
On Mon, 5 Dec 2011 16:27:23 -0500
darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:

> I asked in the bug how people felt about posting to the users list
> about it.  I got no objections.

> The complete lack of responses from anybody but you in the last 4 days
> seems to be a loud and clear indication that nobody cares, and we
> should go ahead with adding this useful blacklist.

Ah... I didn't object because I don't use sa-update.  Nevertheless, if
I did use sa-update, I think I'd find the addition of a new DNSBL
slightly disconcerting.

I'm not very familiar with sa-update, but perhaps it should have
seperate channels similar to Debian's "stable" and "testing" releases.
A new DNSBL (IMO) would definitely be a "testing" release.  End-users
could then subscribe to whichever channel suited their risk profiles.

Regards,

David.