From RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: new paradigm
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:43:04 GMT
On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 10:06:44 +1000
Noel Butler wrote:

> its up to them if they want to or not, the spam folders have very
> little in them here because of our approach, and in our tests we have
> had 0.00000001% of FP's in that, which is really good.

At 1.7 million email a day that's at very most 1 FP in 16 years, which
would suggest you have had less than 1 FP since SA was released.

> I guess those that actually do check spam folders only look at the
> displayed name in the run down list (without going into any of the
> spams), we also replace the subject with just "[spam] attached"

I think it would be very difficult to spot an FP that way. The FPs I've
seen are mostly generated by web-servers, and they are mostly
"first-contact". And even if the displayed name is recognisable it's
usually the subject that makes the FP stand-out.